I am talking about my Sarees that were locked up inside the wardrobe for month and years together without seeing the light of the day . They were probably cursing me for not letting them out for more than an hour or two even on occasions..
Our 6 yard drapes are extremely gorgeous and elegant. However, being in a saree for more an hour was extremely difficult for me. I used to admire and at times envy those who are able to carry them in absolute style.
During one of the festive seasons , when i had to be in saree for longer hours, I started the wondering why was I was so uncomfortable and came up with the following :
- 1. Saree draping was a tedious process
- 2. I was never able to get the shape right without it feeling too tight
- 3. The traditional petticoats always got stuck between my legs making it very difficult to go about the routine
- 4. Those painful drawstrings always left a mark on waist and worsened if the climate was humid
- 5. Last but the most important was that it was a sheer nightmare to use a rest room. The thought of Staining and crumpling my well draped saree made me cringe. But just because I am in a saree, i am not going avoid using rest rooms altogether. That would be criminal to my body and very unhealthy.
This time, I was determined to neither give up on my saree nor get used to the discomfort. So i started searching for solutions. I found some great channels online to learn saree draping but could not find a single product that would solve my other challenges at one go.
That’s when i decided to take things in my hands and Habbada Fashions was born.
What makes us special? Keep watching this space 🙂
Founder – Habbada Fashions